I always loved pop corn but loathed baby
corns or any form of corn which did not have Pop to it. Until I tried crispy
baby corns. It is not the most original food but gosh!! Are they delicious if
done well. So I tried some at home and loved it. Try this and tell me you don’t
love it. I am pasting the recipe from a website which was the easiest and best
I could find. (http://foodviva.com/chinese-recipes/baby-corn-manchurian/)
– But I deleted few ingredients because I do NOT like capsicum
Time taken : 35 minutes
Ingredients:
·
10-15 Baby Corns
·
1/4 cup Corn Flour
·
2½ tablespoons All purpose flour (Maida)
·
1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste (or
crushed)
·
1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce (try
Chings)
·
Salt to taste
·
1/4 cup Water
·
Oil
For
Sticky Sauce:
·
1 teaspoon minced or crushed
Ginger
·
1 teaspoon minced or crushed
Garlic
·
1-2 Green Chillies, slit
vertically and halved
·
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
·
1/4 cup finely chopped Spring
Onion
·
1½ tablespoons Soy Sauce
·
1½ teaspoons Red Chilli Sauce or
Green Chilli Sauce
·
2 tablespoons Tomato ketchup
·
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
·
1 teaspoon Corn Flour dissolved in
2 tablespoons Water
·
1 tablespoon Oil
·
Salt to taste
Directions
for Making Fried Baby Corn:
·
Cut baby corns into half and chop
other vegetables.
·
Mix corn flour, maida,
ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce and salt with 1/4 cup water in a medium size
bowl and prepare a batter. Make sure, that there are no lumps in the prepared
batter. Add halved baby corn pieces in it and coat them evenly with batter.
·
Heat oil in a frying pan over
medium flame. When it is medium hot, take one piece of batter coated baby corn
and gently drop into the oil. Make a batch of 4-5 pieces at a time and deep-fry
them until light golden brown and crispy. Transfer them using slotted spoon
over oil absorbent paper in a plate. Deep-fry remaining pieces.
Directions
for Sticky Sauce
·
Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a wok or
wide mouthed pan over high flame. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, slit green
chilli and chopped onion and sauté them for a minute.
·
Add spring onion, red chilli
sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup and black pepper powder. Mix well and cook for
30-40 seconds.
·
Add dissolved corn flour, mix well
and cook for a minute.
·
Add fried baby corn pieces.
·
Toss until all ingredients are
mixed well and corns are coated well with sauce and cook for approx 2-minutes.
·
Baby Corn Manchurian is ready for
serving. Serve it hot.

Found you while browsing through blogs, and I'm glad I did. Loving the recipes. Will try out a couple for sure!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Since I have been busy and not regular, saw your post very late. Nonetheless thanks. More so because I got to see your blog and I loved it
ReplyDelete